So although this weather is being a little crazy and not exactly making it feel like Fall, we are ready for over sized sweaters, anything flavored pumpkin, and drinking coffee all day.
We found this yummy recipe to indulge in and hopefully inspire cooler weather to start heading our way!!!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour (spooned and leveled)
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon fine salt
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup pure pumpkin puree
- 1 cup packed light-brown sugar
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter, melted, plus 1/4 cup, room temperature
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 2/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 3/4 cups confectioners' sugar, plus more for serving
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees, with racks in upper and lower thirds. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, pumpkin pie spice, baking powder, and salt. In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, pumpkin puree, brown sugar, melted butter, and 1/4 cup heavy cream. Add flour mixture to egg mixture and whisk just until combined.
- Drop dough in 2-tablespoon mounds, 1 inch apart, onto two parchment-lined baking sheets. Bake until tops of cookies spring back when gently pressed, about 14 minutes, rotating sheets halfway through. Transfer to wire racks and let cool completely.
- In a medium bowl, using an electric mixer, beat room temperature butter, 1/2 cup cream, cocoa powder, and confectioners' sugar on medium-high until fluffy, 2 minutes. Spread filling on flat side of half the cookies; sandwich with remaining cookies. To serve, dust with confectioners' sugar.