I'm not sure what it is about this time of the year, but my stomach goes into beast mode and wants to eat everything in sight! So here I am again sharing with you guys another recipe for you to try. It's okay, the holidays are for food and family right? And the cold weather helps because we can hide out little food bellies under over-sized sweaters and jackets. ;)
So I got this recipe from Martha Stewart Living
and have yet to give it a try; but I hope my results look just like the picture! If you decided to get your baking on, tweet us at @theclosetfreak
with hashtag #blogtalk and share your experience with this recipe, or any others you tried out. I love to interact with our readers and shoppers. :)
- Vegetable oil cooking spray, for pan
- 12 graham crackers, finely ground (1 1/2 cups)
- 3/4 cup plus 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 ounces (4 tablespoons) unsalted butter, melted
- 1 pound cream cheese, room temperature
- 2 large eggs
- 1 large egg yolk
- 3/4 cup eggnog
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 1/2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon brandy
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg, plus more for dusting
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Coat a 9-inch square baking pan with cooking spray. Stir together graham crackers, 3 tablespoons sugar, and the melted butter. Press into bottom of pan. Bake until crust is just brown around the edges, 12 to 15 minutes. Let cool.
- Meanwhile, beat cream cheese with a mixer on medium speed until fluffy, about 2 minutes. Add the remaining 3/4 cup sugar, the eggs, yolk, eggnog, flour, brandy, vanilla, nutmeg, and salt; beat until smooth. Pour filling over crust. Set pan in a roasting pan, and add enough hot water to come halfway up sides of baking pan. Bake until just set, 40 to 45 minutes. Remove baking pan from water bath, and transfer to a wire rack. Let cool slightly, about 30 minutes. Refrigerate for at least 3 hours or overnight.
- Cut into 1 1/2-by-3-inch bars. Lightly dust tops of bars with freshly grated nutmeg just before serving.
Back to It's Closet Freak Baby